The iSchool Inclusion Institute (i3) is an undergraduate research and leadership development program that prepares students from underrepresented populations for graduate study and careers in the information sciences. Each year 20 undergraduate students from across the country are selected to become i3 Scholars. Those students undertake a year-long experience that includes two summer institutes held at the University of Pittsburgh and a year-long team research project. Although an intensive and challenging program, i3 prepares students for the rigor of graduate study and research in the information sciences. The U.S.-based iSchools value the preparation provided by i3 and actively recruit i3 Scholars to their graduate programs.
Who Should Apply?
- Undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States; students that have recently graduated may also apply
- Students enrolled in any academic major; undeclared or undecided students are also welcome to apply
- Students who have an interest in graduate school
- Students who are open to exploring the information sciences and its many interdisciplinary fields
- Individuals that can demonstrate a commitment to diversity and increasing opportunities for underrepresented populations
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents