Join IBLN for the Fall Conference, Saturday, November 8 10:00am-4:00pm EST!
The Indiana Black Librarians Network (IBLN) was organized on October 13, 2001 at the Purdue University Black Cultural Center. We're an affiliate chapter of the Black Caucus of the American Library Association. The IBLN mission is to provide an opportunity for black librarians to exchange and share ideas, collaborate on library-related projects, promote professional development activities, sponsor scholarship initiatives, serve as a network for the sharing of information between librarians and para-professionals throughout the State of Indiana, and to establish channels of communication between black librarians and para-professionals statewide.
- Networking: 10:00-10:30am – Lite Breakfast begins. Please bring your business card toshare as well as information useful to librarians and library staff in the State of Indiana
- Welcome: 10:30-10:50am: Welcome to the University of Notre Dame, Center for Digital Scholarship by Dr. Louis Jordan, Associate University Librarian, Academic Services and Collections.
- IBLN Business Meeting: 10:55-12:00pm
- Break in preparation for Lunch: 12:00pm-12:15pm
- Lunch/Networking: 12:15-12:55pm. During the lunch break, members are encouraged to update everyone on initiatives, innovations, etc. will all present.
- Session I: 1:00pm-1:55pm - The Center for Digital Scholarship @ The University of Notre Dame: 1:15-1:55pm. Presenter: Leslie Morgan & Center for Digital Scholarship colleagues.
- Session II: Diversity 2.0: Innovation & Opportunities in Librarianship: 2:00-2:45pm. Within the Hesburgh Libraries, we are pleased to welcome our new Librarian in Residence, Ms. Kai Alexis Smith. She comes to our university as an alum from a number of significant professional development endeavors within the librarian profession. Smith will share an updated version of diversity that fosters innovation, inclusion and collaboration. She will also discuss how this new framework presents libraries and librarians with the opportunity to align diversity with strategic initiatives of the organization. An opportunity to join a new diversity librarian program will be presented and included.
- Break: 2:45-2:55pm
- Session III: An Excursion into Geo-literacy: 3:00-4:00pm. Presenter: Lishawna R. Taylor, 2013 Grosvenor Teacher Fellow.
This event is for IBLN members only.
- Become a member and expand your network here: http://www.indianablacklibrarians.org/membership.html
- Learn more about IBLN here: http://www.indianablacklibrarians.org/